1. Statement:"A rare opportunity to be a professional while you are at home".-- an advertisement for computer literate housewives by a computer company.
I. Some housewives simultaneously desire to become professional.
II. Computer industry is growing at a fast pace.
III. It is possible to be a professional as well as a housewife.
Clearly a company would highlight only that feature in its advertisement which people crave for and which it can make possible. So both I & III are implicit. Nothing can be deduced about the growth of computer industry, So, II is not implicit.
2. Statement: Money is the root cause of the problems in a family.
I. Every problem is caused by something.
II. There are always some problems in the family.
3. Statement: The first step in treating addicts is to re-establish their lost ties, for which a continuous personal attention should be paid to the addicts under treatment.
I. Addicts under treatment respond better when shown personal interest.
II. Addiction and strained relationships are intimately connected.
Clearly, treatment of addiction requires personal attention as the first step. So, I is implicit. Also, since intimacy and personal attention are required to treat addicts, it implies that addiction arises out of frustration due to strained relationships. So, II is also implicit.
4. Statement: Try to steal this camera from our store - a display on a departmental store.
I. People want to own a camera.
II. The store has a video monitoring system to detect stealing.
5. Statement: Please do not use lift while going down - an instruction on the top floor of a five-storey building.
I. While going down, the lift is unable to carry any load.
II. Provision of lift is a matter of facility and not of right.
The statement requests people not to use lift while moving down. This implies that the lift may be used to move up and the request has been made so that more people can use the lift for ascending which would otherwise cause more physical stress than going down the stairs. So, only II is implicit.
6. Statement: "If it does not rain throughout this month ,most farmers would be in trouble this year".
I. Timely rain is essential for farming.
II. Most farmers are generally dependent on rains.
7. Statement: The Beauty Cosmetics company has launched new range of products based on natural herbs improving skin complexion.
I. Women generally opt for the products that improve their skin complexion.
II. The products will be mostly preferred by the teenage girls.
8. Statement: The organization should promote employees on the basis of merit alone and not on the basis of length of service or seniority.
I. Length of service or seniority does not alone reflect merit of an employee.
II. It is possible to determine and measure merit of an employee.
The statement stresses on the need to award promotion to a person who has been displaying remarkable talent and performing extraordinarily for the organisation rather than the one who has been working steadily for the organisation since long. Thus, length of service does not alone prove a man worthy. His talent and his performance are the criteria to be considered. So, both I and II are implicit.
9. Statement: The 'M' Cooperative Housing Society has put up a notice at its gate those sales persons are not allowed inside the society.
I. All the sales persons will stay away from the 'M' Cooperative Housing Society.
II. The security guard posted at the gate may be able to stop the sales persons entering the society.
10. Statement: Never before such a lucid book was available on the topic.
I. Some other books were available on this topic.
II. You can write lucid books on very few topics.
It follows from the statement that books on this topic were available before also but they were not 'lucid'. So, I is implicit. But a general comment as II cannot be made from the given statement. So, II is not implicit.
11. Statement: The government has decided to pay compensation to the tune of Rs. 1 lakh to the family members of those who are killed in railway accidents.
I. The government has enough funds to meet the expenses due to compensation.
II. There may be reduction in incidents of railway accidents in near future.
Clearly, the amount of compensation must have been decided keeping in mind the monetary position of the Government. So, I is implicit. However, nothing can be said about the frequency of railway accidents in future. So, II is not implicit.
12. Satement: If you are an engineer ,we have a challenging job for you.
I. We need an engineer.
II. You are an engineer.
13. Statement: City 'X' should have more women driving public transport because most do not like to speed unnecessarily, prefer not to talk on mobiles while driving, do not listen to blaring music and rarely skip red lights.
I. More women driving buses and autos will create more job opportunities for women.
II. Women are more disciplined than men on the roads.
III. If women start driving buses and autos it would increase chances of safety for commuters.
Assumption I is not implicit because job opportunities for women is not the perspective. Assumptions II & III are implicit because from the statement it can be assumed that women are disciplined than men on the roads and this increase chances of safety for commuters.
14. Statement : The civic authority appealed to the people for reduction in usage of water as there may be an acute shortage during the coming weeks.
I. There will be no rain in recent future.
II. The people are ready to follow the advice of the civic authority.
15. Statement :"Buy pure and natural honey of company X. " - an advertisement in a newspaper.
I. Artificial honey can be prepared.
II. People do not mind paying more for pure and natural honey.
III. No other company supplies pure honey.
Artificial honey can be made. That is why the word natural needs to be mentioned in the advertisement. So I is implicit. No comparision is made of the prices of natural and artifical honey. So, II is not implicit. Nothing about the quality of honey of other companies can be deducted. So III is also not implicit.